UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON CONNECTION
Holy Angels School has greatly benefited from its location, which is surrounded by the University of Dayton's campus.
Not only are many of our faculty members former Flyers, but several UD professors and employees send their children to Holy Angels.
In addition, Holy Angels School and the University of Dayton are official educational partners. Per this agreement, UD and Holy Angels collaborate on many initiatives that help our students, as well as pre-service teachers in UD's School of Education and Health Sciences. Holy Angels teachers receive professional development and learn the latest in best practice. Holy Angels students often work one-on-one or in small groups with UD teacher education majors. This unique arrangement benefits our students and allows UD students to grow as educators.
Additionally, Holy Angels has also teamed with UD by employing full-time clinical counselors to help meet the needs of our students. Our counselor is part of the University of Dayton’s ECHO program, which among other things provides Holy Angels students with:
● Psycho-education: Second Step®: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum
● Child Protection: A Personal Safety Curriculum
● HOPE Curriculum: A Drug Prevention Curriculum
● Crisis intervention and safety assessments
● Consultation and professional development training for faculty and administration
● In-school clinical observation and screening
● Individual, group and family counseling and consultation
● Clinical referrals to outside providers with follow-up
● Partnerships with other agencies to address health and safety education
● Social work to help families meet basic needs and connect with community services
● High school preparation retreat for 8th grade students
● Peacemakers student leadership service group